The following are the main hardware features of WifiMETRIX (the following section describes more about functional features).
- Handheld device
- 6 GHz radio module, amplifier & filters
- Dual-band 802.11 Wi-Fi chip
- DFS Tester — simulate radar signal patterns
- AirHORN channel / signal generator functionality (packet injection)
- WifiPROBE channel analyzer functionality
- Solid aluminum case plus silicon rubber boot protector
- Standard 50 ohm SMA antenna connector
- 128×64 built-in LCD screen
- Includes dual-band antenna for 2.4x and 5.x GHz ISM bands
- Includes micro-USB cable for recharging
- Includes 50 ohm SMA terminator to protect antenna connection
- SMA terminator (dummy load) also used for calibrating the device
- Includes 6 GHz, 50 ohm 20 dB SMA attenuator (Male-to-Female)
The unit includes a 50 ohm impedance RF connector (standard female SMA format). This is used for attaching the dual-band antenna that we include with the device. Feel free to substitute your own antenna — the only constraints are you adhere to the 50 ohm requirement and your antenna includes a standard male SMA connector.
When a compatible micro-USB cable is connected then the unit will begin charging (regardless of the position of the power switch). With the micro-USB cable attached then the device’s power will come from that USB connection. When the micro-USB cable is not attached, then the device draws power from its internal, lithium battery.
Assuming the device is powered-off it will take approximately 3 hours to fully recharge. This is based on the chip manufacturer’s specification. The discharge time for the battery depends on how the device is being used. When running in AirHORN mode and transmitting at full power, the device will run for about 2 hours. When sitting idle (but powered-on) the device will fully discharge in about 5 hours. When the device is stored and not being used, the internal battery should hold its charge for a few months.
When storing or transporting the unit we recommend attaching the 50 ohm SMA terminator (included) to protect internal components from strong electric fields.