From time-to-time we make available updates to the firmware that runs on your WifiMETRIX device. However, before updating, please make sure the version you will be updating to is more recent than the one currently running on your device. To check the current firmware version, select ‘About’ from the main menu (see image below).
The latest available firmware with DFS Testing version is: 3.08
PLEASE NOTE: If you own an older model of WifiMETRIX that does not include DFS Testing then the last available firmware version is 1.05.
To upgrade the firmware running on your WifiMETRIX device from a Windows OS, you will need the following:
- The “WifiMETRIX Firmware Update Loader” tool, which can be downloaded from here: WifiMETRIX Firmware Update Loader
- The latest firmware file (*.bin) that will be used for the update — available here: Firmware Binary File
- Your WifiMETRIX device and a micro-USB cable. As a general rule, please use a quality USB cable (e.g. the one that shipped with the device) and attach it directly to the PC (and not through a USB hub).
- A compatible PC, running Windows 7 or higher.
Please follow the step-by-step guide below to update to the latest firmware version that you just downloaded.
1. Using the updater tool, load the latest firmware version that you just downloaded and press the ‘Load’ button.
2. Select the second CheckBox that begins: “If you have a WifiMetrix Unit running…”.
3. Select the third CheckBox that begins: “In WifiMetrix press buttons…”.
4. With the power switch in the OFF position, use the micro-USB cable to attach the device to your Windows PC.
5. This is the important step — press and hold the [LEFT] and [RIGHT] arrow keys, and at the same time switch the power ON. You should see the screen below:
6. On the updater tool, press the ‘Connect’ button. A dialog box show appear that confirms the connection. Read the message and confirm you are updating a WifiMETRIX device. This is important because a similar updater tool is used to update RF Explorer devices. Click the button that says ‘Device OK. Click to Upgrade’.
7. Using WifiMETRIX’s keyboard, press the [UP] arrow key to begin the update. You should see the message “Writing block” and the block numbers increasing.
8. When the update is done you will briefly see a screen that reports the update is ‘Done’ and the device is resetting.
9. And finally, after updating the firmware and resetting the device, it is necessary to run the calibration procedure again.
Performing the calibration is a simple process — here is the link: