AIRHORN -- Channel / RF Signal Generator
WifiMETRIX's AirHORN feature is a unique function that aids in testing WiFi antennas, RF shields and wireless networks. It uses a dual-band Wi-Fi chip's radio module that covers the 2.4x and 5.x GHz ISM bands and was designed for microwave and RF applications. AirHORN transmits stable and accurate RF signals for each of the Wi-Fi channels and is ideal for research and development of antenna design. A signal generation system is key to any test system – AirHORN can be used for rapid evaluation of receiver performances. Combined with an RF spectrum analyzer, you now have the tools to locate "dead spots" in any locale where a Wi-Fi network is installed.
AirHORN implements 3 transmission modes – single channel, traverse all channels, and pulse, and can be used for:
- Real-world testing of Wi-Fi antennas and amplifiers
- Testing the effectiveness of RF shield designs
- Stress-testing Wi-Fi wireless networks
- Aligning directional WiFi antennas
- Rapid evaluation of receiver performance
- Locating WiFi 'dead spots'
- Educational purposes for visualizing Wi-Fi signals on an RF spectrum analyzer
Combined with an RF spectrum analyzer, AirHORN helps to provide unprecedented views into the wireless world.
AirHORN operating in Single mode:
AirHORN operating in Traverse mode:
AirHORN operating in Pulse mode: